Thursday 29 January 2015

DIY Re-purpose: Paperweight terrarium

BushcraftZ 2015




Although we are rapidly moving towards a paper-less, digital office, I personally still have a pile of papers on my desk that I have to work through every day. A paperweight is therefore always welcome. I was inspired by this very old preserve jar. I added a few pebbles for weight, some succulents and paper flowers made from old book pages. In a very short time I have a new interesting paperweight to keep the papers on my desk under control.






BushcraftZ 2015


Materials
  • Old preserve jar with lid
  • Old book pages
  • Pebbles
  • Wire, I used a old guitar string
  • Hot glue, paper glue, scissors and pencil
  • Small succulent plants


Method:
  1. Make a few paper flowers from old book pages and use wire as the stems.
    BushcraftZ 2015
  2. Attatch the flowers to a pebble with hot glue.
    BushcraftZ 2015
  3. Assemble the terrarium by placing the paper flowers in the jar, anchor them with a few interesting pebbles. Arrange the succulents between the paper flowers and the pebbles and close the jar to complete the paperweight.
    BushcraftZ 2015

1 comment:

  1. I like this! Now I can bring my garden into my office! It will really cheer my office up. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete