Tuesday 11 June 2013

Golden threads, old socks and an elephant


BushcraftZ May 2013
Sometimes a invisible golden thread that connects people surfaces in a craft project.  Years ago my sister gifted me with socks which I wore on cold days until large holes appeared in the soles recently.  She also sends me inspirational craft ideas that I file away for reference purposes.  One of these ideas featured soft toys from old socks in a magazine Brigitte 2/2009.  When our brother's youngest turned two a few weeks ago I used these old socks, and the inspiration from the magazine article to make a soft toy for him.  I designed a new pattern to work around the holes in the socks and make the toy sturdy for a small boy.  The elephant turned out to be charming carrying at its heart the invisible connection.
BushcraftZ May 2013










No comments:

Post a Comment