Thursday 14 August 2014

DIY: Personalized porcelain mugs

BushcraftZ 2014
 with PorcelainPEN
Porcelain pens or even ‘Sharpies’ can be used to personalize ceramic ware. I tried my hand at this using PorcelainPEN brilliant from C.Kreul HobbyLine which is apparently a dishwasher proof product. I followed the easy manufacturer’s instructions carefully and it was great fun and I was pleased with the outcome. I may try using Sharpies at some point to see if one can get a similar result.




Tips:

  • Clean ceramics with soap and water and if you can, use alcohol to remove any fatty traces.
  • For a 'negative' stencil effect as seen in the R and M mugs I used a paper template and stuck it to the mug with double sided tape. Once the paint dried I remove the paper and any sticky residue before baking.
  • BushcraftZ 2014
     with PorcelainPEN
  • Mistakes can be removed with an ear-bud tip dipped in alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment